Lumira Ventures is an impactful investor and you will share our passion for innovation and being part of a team-building transformative companies. We are a venture capital organization investing capital on behalf of our investors to build best and/or first-in-class companies with the potential to change patient lives while delivering exceptional returns for investors. We are committed to keeping our stakeholders informed about our mandate, our investing convictions and our activities. Accountability and transparency are the foundations upon which we build and protect Lumira Ventures’ reputation as a prudent, sophisticated, creative venture capital investor. We are seeking a professional to join our organization as a Controller, based in Toronto, Canada.
Fund operations is a key support activity at Lumira Ventures. The transparent, accurate and timely reporting of fund performance data to our stakeholders is a key in maintaining our outstanding relationships with the investors in our funds and those other stakeholders who support our various business activities.
We are seeking an individual who can start as a Controller, working directly with our CFO, to support our current and future funds as well as working to start new initiatives. You will be expected to become front line in the operation of the Funds throughout the investment cycle and work selectively with other members of the Lumira team.
- Manage fund and corporate accounting records and account payables with our Accounting/Office Manager
- Complete Quarterly Net Asset Value preparation, which includes: Cash and Portfolio Reconciliations, Income and Expense Accruals, Partner/Shareholder Allocation calculations, Financial Statement preparation including note disclosure
- Prepare quarterly communications to our investors
- Annual audit and tax compliance
- Support a paperless document management system
- Assist in regulatory research, filings and compliance
- Document processes to strengthen financial controls
- Support Lumira investment team during financial due diligence;
- Work in conjunction with other Lumira team members in implementing legal, tax, accounting and governance structures
- 3-5 years minimum of relevant work experience performing and supporting accounting functions; ideally for private investment funds, or experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong skills with MS Excel and online tools
- CPA designation
- Experience with Sage Accpac or similar accounting platforms
- A genuine interest in venture capital and/or life sciences
This position will be a perfect fit if you have/are:
- Outstanding computer skills – must be highly proficient in Excel and must be able to quickly learn internal Lumira data management systems
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time effectively, research and multi-task.
- Collaborative nature, highly motivated person that seeks out additional responsibility and productivity improvements
- Organized, thorough, and detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to produce and deliver clear and concise oral and written presentations.
Bonus points if you have:
- 1-2 years of work experience in venture capital
- Experience working at / with biotechnology companies
- Experience in fund accounting
- Bilingual (English and French)
Compensation / Location / Start Date:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Based in Toronto
- Flexible work from home/office architecture that sees employees spending approximately 60% of their time in the office
When you invest your career in Lumira Ventures, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing venture capital investors in Canada. Lumira Ventures is singularly focused on making investments in innovative, entrepreneurial led, healthcare companies with the potential to deliver life changing treatments to patients and exceptional returns to investors in our Funds.
The well-being of our employees is deeply important to us and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, a caring and collaborative culture, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs.
Lumira Ventures attracts and selects high-caliber, highly motivated individuals. We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground. Lumira Ventures welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require accommodations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Being motivated every day by Lumira Ventures’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at Lumira Ventures.
To submit a resume: visit Indeed.com and search for Lumira Ventures.
Application Deadline: 2022-06-06